Saturday, December 27, 2014

Citadel Treemen



Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Some additions to an Old School Wood Elves army I am putting together.
Three Treemen and a Treeman lord - "Durthu". The Wood Elf archer was included as a scale reference.

I looked through lots of images on painted examples of treemen and it was surprising how many did not look the way I expected. Lots of greys, reds and unusual combos. They look skillfully done and artistic but not the way I imagined them. I went with more traditional browns and more subtle contrasts to tie them into the Wood Elf figures I've already done.

As someone who has never painted 'monsters' before, I was surprised how much I enjoyed doing these guys. Something like 4 days from start to finish
It was fun to experiment with various washes and building up shading and texture.

Hope you like the results.

Cheers,
Mick









 

5 comments: